Betsy Blue Rides Again!

Guest Greg Ross

Guest Greg Ross

First thing this morning I was prepared to start dismantling in search of the Fantom Clutch and by about 8:00 am Padgett came through with the answer.

Amount of Master Cylinder movement (stroke) required to actuate the Slave Cylinder was the "Good News"

I'd used a clutch pedal obtained from a Salvage Yard to determine the geometry, and apparently got a "Bum Steer". Made the alterations to the Clutch Pedal and it's linkage to the Master Cylinder and "Bingo" a functioning clutch. Out for a very Brief Drive and,

She Works, she drives, she shifts (with help now) and I'm elated.

Tomorrow is alignment and then pack up and break in the new engine on the trip north.

Guest Copper81

Congrats!! Do you have any pictures you can post of your interior so we can all see what a manual shifter looks like in a Reatta? Too cool .... you are "One of a Kind" now!!

[color:\\"blue\\"] congratulations; I'm sure you are thrilled with the results of this extreeemely ambitious endeavor.

Makes me want to tear one of mine apart and put a "Northstar" in it.

You wanna help? It would be a [censored] of a commute for you, but not for [color:\\"blue\\"] BETSY BLUE.

The best of luck, and have a happy safe trip. Charlie

Glad to hear it, just (1:50 am) got back to Orlando & hoped I made the right decision not coming back to Houma.

Looks like both of us are done with NOLA for a while, have a week at home (first in months) and then either Maryland, Texas, California, or New Mexico (know what I'll be doing, just not where 8*).

Looks like the magic number for clutch rod travel is 1.15".

Really want to hear what that cam/gear combination feels like, should be a surprise to any Allante you come across.

LOL POOR Allante <VBG>

I asked this on a silly 6000+ view junk thread. But thought I should ask here.

Was there ever a RACING Reatta campaigned or supported by the factory? tongue.gif

I am going to make a racing 1:5 scale (36", 21 pound) version of a Reatta.

Wing oh yes we will have WING! <VBG> tongue.gif

Guest Reattaray

Hi Greg,

Great news on "Betsy Blue". You've got guts to start on a long trip just after the conversion - I hope you have smooth sailing. smile.gif

I'm sure that this has been asked before... but do you have a diary/written log of what you did, where you did it, how you found it, what problems/abatements took place etc?

This is history in the making and I'm sure that many will benefit from clear/concise documentation.

After all, isn't paper the first thing you look for in the 'head'?

--Tom

Guest Greg Ross

Well, I'd term it a very successful day;

Had some minor clash between the clutch and the brake pedals. Modified the rod link connection to the clutch pedal to properly clear the brake pedal.

And reinstalled the interior almost completely-have the trim bezel for around the Shifter yet to make.

Took it out for a spin last night and I've got a winner. wink.gif

Heading North today and will probably not be checking in for a few days.

Guest Greg Ross

Re: Tom Jenkins Question;

I have retained a Spread Sheet detail of parts utilized, this is however pretty basic off-the-shelf stuff. The detail portion of it I will record for you Tom, but this reconfiguration could not have been contemplated without the re-engineering of the ECM PROM/ courtesy Padgett P.

I ended up stranded in Louisiana for a follow-up Medical Appointment tomorrow morning (managed to get a steel fragment in my eye Friday) so I'll go ahead and post some pics.