For 67-68 Wildcat Owners - What type of Milage do you get ?

BuickNut

Ok, ok, I know not a good question, but I'll ask it anyway as I'm thinking about getting a '67 Wildcat with a 430 to use as an everyday driver. I may try to put a 200 4R on it to try and improve things - but just curios what you might be getting. I know I'd be better off getting a smaller Buick - but I just love the 'Cats and how they look. Thanks.

Mileage? What's mileage??? laugh.gif I've never checked my mileage either- thats why I have a Chevy Metro for everyday use! I can't imagine that you can do better than 12-15 mpg. with a 430 engine. But the reason to drive a Wildcat is for the fun, the power, the smooth ride - who cares if it isn't practical? Enjoy it! David

1968 Wildcat Custom 4 dr. hardtop

(already hibernating for the winter!)

Guest my3buicks

Not a Wildcat, but I drove my 69 Electra 225 Conv with the 430 alot this summer since I had just purchased it and I averaged 13-15 daily driving and 16.5 on a couple trips including a trip to Fall Hershey in it. Plus it getting a need major tune-up in the spring. I was happy with those mileage figures!!!!!

I owned a well used 68 Wildcat Custom 4 door H.T. from 1992 to 2000 that I used as a daily driver. It has 3.42 rear end ratio and was doing between 8 and 15 mpg with, of course, premium fuel... but fuel cost was cheap compared to repair cost and hard to find parts. I think that most cars that are 30 years old and a bit complicated have the same problem. For full-size daily drivers, I prefer cars from the mid seventies because they require less maintenance and some mechanical parts are less expensive.