1929 Hupmobile front shocks

dalef62

I just realized that my Hupmobile is missing the front shocks.  It is a Century M 8 cylinder.  I know they should be Monroe shocks, but would love to see pictures of them on a car to see where they mount and how they are mounted.  Any help would be appreciated.

If you have a pair for sale let me know.

Thanks,

Dale

• 2 weeks later...

Dale, 

My 1923 Model R only has rear shocks, and as far as I can tell, that's all it ever had. I don't know about a 28 Model M...are you sure it was supposed to have front shocks? 

I realize this reply is not much help to you, but I saw your post weeks ago, and was surprised to see no response at all. I figured I should at least say SOMETHING about it, for goodness sake. 

Good luck with your search. 

Dale, 

Are you a member of the Hupmobile club? They have a good group, and keep a list of owners/experts on each model, so that members can contact them to ask questions about their specific car. 

If not, I can help you get connected. 

I have thought about joining the Hupp club, but I belong to so many clubs. 

I was thinking about joining at Hershey but nobody wanted to talk to me when I went to the Hupp club tent...  Seems I wasn't important enough?????  Maybe if someone would have approached me I may have joined the club.  

Maybe I am spoiled being a member of the Crosley Club, very friendly outgoing club that is more like a family.

Edited by dalef62 (see edit history)