Vintage Car Trunk and Luggage Case

Carquestion

What make, model and year car matches this trunk?  It is in fantastic condition, with the original leather handles.  I also have a matching long suitcase, also in great condition (not shown).  What is the estimated value for the matched pair?  (The trunk is a little dusty in the photo.)

75B4EC7D-6437-48D1-8D50-CD1575676B42.jpeg

6BBC6E01-7C57-4F6A-A330-667FABE69EC9.jpeg

Trunks such as this one were typically supplied by various manufacturers to the car companies, and were generally an aftermarket, or a dealer-supplied item.

the trunk size could help determine which cars it could fit. Having just one suitcase is unusual. Typically there would be three long flat ones or one long, two short and a smaller square one, or some other unique combination.

I don't see a manufacturer's mark, such as the large "K" in a diamond shaped outline, such as the one which was an accessory on my 1930 Packard, covered with canvas to match the top in these photos. 

1930 Packard - Kingston Ontario Rear.jpg

011a35393217a0b42f73e697fbabe61f8d4740efba.jpg

When you go to sell, if selling, make sure you include the dimensions of the trunk (trunks need to be certain sizes for certain cars to fit on their luggage racks) - the trunk looks fairly narrow in width across the front and if it fits an Auburn or Cord rack you will have a more valuable trunk, as well as perhaps some cars that are popular in production numbers (ex. Buicks).  Or size could fit something very obscure - that is also to your advantage.  And, further advantage I see is your trunk looks in good enough condition to use without restoration - a huge plus.  My first gut feel on seeing it, said a nice trunk for a  "Franklin" - though again just depends on its size.

• 2 weeks later...