1916 McLaughlin parts

Art Dean

23 hours ago, Art Dean said:

Thanks for that information. I was afraid they might be different. I may need to get valve train parts cast as I do have one complete set. I could probably have new levers and quadrant made also if I had a pattern.

Will keep looking.

Thanks again 

PS- What year is your car? Possible to send a picture?

My car is a 1918 6-45 Special. However it came with quite a bit of spare parts from a 1916 or 17 as  part of the package, But almost all from 6 Cyl. cars.

• 2 months later...

Well, I'm back to working on my 4 cylinder 1916 D34 McLaughlin (Buick). The engine rebuild is now a priorty. I now know what parts are needed.....

_ Distributor,  push rods, rockers and rocker stands, with the distributor being the most urgent, as I may be able to have the other parts cast.

After much penetrating oil, time and frustration, the engine is turning over freely by hand, including the frozen water pump.

Now going to the engine re-builder.

Aside from the engine, I am still in need of the spark and throttle levers, and quadrant for the steering wheel, engine hood and hold down latches. Eventually other body parts will be needed also.

Any help locating the above parts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

On 1/8/2023 at 12:30 PM, Art Dean said:

That’s interesting, although the engine parts would be different between the 4 and 6 cylinder, I suspect the body parts might be the same. Do you have any body parts?

I am also in need of 2 hood latches.

Hi Art, I don't think any body parts interchange. The 6 is quite a bit bigger car. I doubt very much at all is the same between a 4 and a 6. Are your hood latches a steel tube with a threaded on , brass casting ,hook  / handle ? I don't really have any spares, but if you have the casting the other parts are something that could be made. Do you have a parts book ? I might have a 1916 6 parts book to compare part numbers. Unfortunately I am in the process of moving so everything is getting packed up. If you can find a cheap reprint 6 Cyl. parts book it might be something handy to have. Or try the guys in the pre war Buick section of the forum. Someone will have a parts book for sure.

This question is for Arcticbuicks.

I believe back in January you mentioned someone north of Winnipeg Manitoba that could have McLaughlin Buick parts. Would you possibly have a contact number or email for him? If so, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Art

• 9 months later...

I have many many wood wheels if there is any one in need  but identifying  is very difficult  I suggest when in need visit me with one to match my wheel collection  is aprox 5000 pcs 1900 through 1942 n some beyond Vincentcassidy1@gmail.com 978-758 0834 my problem is I have little time  and it's confusing  many  many factors to match up a wooden wheel my location  is Rowley Ma USA 

• Like 1