Dual tire rear end

ron hausmann

This is Dale in SE. Ks. I have a dual wheeled rear end w springs and a short section of frame like it was cut off behind the cab. It was a 1935 Ford truck it’s not real close to my heart ,I guess I would sell if it interests you. Iam in the SE corner of Ks. Price would be 300. Cash when you come get it. I have a way to load it for you. dale.tharp@gmail.com  /  620 332 4932 sorry I don’t have a pic. 

15 hours ago, Dale Tharp said:

This is Dale in SE. Ks. I have a dual wheeled rear end w springs and a short section of frame like it was cut off behind the cab. It was a 1935 Ford truck it’s not real close to my heart ,I guess I would sell if it interests you. Iam in the SE corner of Ks. Price would be 300. Cash when you come get it. I have a way to load it for you. dale.tharp@gmail.com  /  620 332 4932 sorry I don’t have a pic. 

Thanks so much Dale, but from the technical information that I've dug up, your rear end is too new to work in my restoration, and probably not able to be mated to my Kissel chassis. my truck is based upon a Kissel Model 6-55 chassis, which will use larger, skinnier tires in the end result. ill need to keep looking for something older.

Thanks, RON

Good morning Ron, that’s fine I didn’t know for sure what you were doing, but sounds like a real interesting project.If I knew the tonage of your chassis’s  and yr. I do have a worm drive rear end out of a TT Ford, it has hard rubber tires on it. I do know where there is nother one out in a pasture but it may be chain drive! Thanks Dale

11 hours ago, Dale Tharp said:

Good morning Ron, that’s fine I didn’t know for sure what you were doing, but sounds like a real interesting project.If I knew the tonage of your chassis’s  and yr. I do have a worm drive rear end out of a TT Ford, it has hard rubber tires on it. I do know where there is nother one out in a pasture but it may be chain drive! Thanks Dale

Thanks Dale. I’ll just keep looking for a balloon 1920’s  tire dual wheel rear from the 1920’s or a dual-conversion kit for same.

ill be using it with a Kissel Model 6-55 chassis and engine. These were used for the big Kissel cars and lighter truck conversions. My plan is making a period heavy panel truck, army truck, or mail truck. 121” wheelbase. 

Thanks, Ron 

8CCBAFBB-29DF-4266-88C0-E3172E6565A6.jpeg

C43866BD-B46A-427D-B515-865C3D399087.jpeg