Thinking about painting my 90 5 speed TC

TCAuburn

16 hours ago, TCAuburn said:

I was thinking about painting my 90 5 speed TC the grey color that was to be produced but never happened(due to paint quality issues from what I have read). Originally it was painted Arctic White. Any thoughts on this from the members? Thanks.

You will love it, if done well. Here is a friend’s TC in that color.EE52A3D5-E409-491E-9CFE-D522526AE6CC.thumb.jpeg.b0ea14953052c8025e225b97153f2d2d.jpeg

• Like 1

the grey color that was to be produced but never happened

Have any info on this? Google let me down. Looks like a gun metal color. Is it metallic? I was thinking painting mine a black metallic with a bit larger flake than most stock paints you see. I like that color though, Shame it didn't make production.

5 hours ago, Moparite said:

Have any info on this? Google let me down. Looks like a gun metal color. Is it metallic? I was thinking painting mine a black metallic with a bit larger flake than most stock paints you see. I like that color though, Shame it didn't make production.

Here is the paint code for that color 

18661, AY100FE6, PE6 Smoke Quartz Metallic

Thank You guys! The information on the "smoke quartz pearl coat" is in a blue pamphlet for the 89 model year. The pamphlet also came with a sheet of paper saying what was in the pamphlet but not available for that model year (since the pamphlet was printed). The grey was supposed to be available with the Bordeaux interior for 1989. And Hemi is absolutely correct (as usual). 

https://www.paintscratch.com/touch_up_paint/Maserati/1989-Maserati-Chrysler-Maserati-Smoke-Quartz-Pearl-Metallic-FE6.html

I'm not sure if this link will work, but it is the first site I could find on the internet that showed the 'potential' colors for the 1989 TCs. 

I am now wondering about the pinstripe color -