Buick 1942 Blackout taillights

rodolphe

Good afternoon members.

I'm looking for a pair of 1942 Buick Blackout Taillights, complete and in good enough condition even to be restored so as to finish a very important project for my dad and me. 

If there is somebody with infos or person to contact please do contact me, i'd be so very thanksfull. 

Looking forward to read from you. 

Best regards. Rod.

Img_6019b.jpg

I never saw a pair of these in my youth that the rims were plated.  All those I ever saw were painted.  I had a '42 Super that was sold in December 1941 and it had the regular 1942-1948 tailights.  I think the 40-60-90 series built just before and just after Pearl Harbor had the 1941 style tailights.  It must have been costly to Buick to make these tailights just until production ceased on Jan 16, 1942.  I've see a lot of 1941 parts in diecast, but painted gray and not plated.  They can be plated and they do not have pits if found NOS.  But, I don't think the pot metal is quite as good as the original chrome plated ornaments.  Most of those I've seen with this type tailight have been rusted out because they were made of sheet metal rather than diecast.

35 minutes ago, rodolphe said:

Good afternoon members.

I'm looking for a pair of 1942 Buick Blackout Taillights, complete and in good enough condition even to be restored so as to finish a very important project for my dad and me. 

If there is somebody with infos or person to contact please do contact me, i'd be so very thanksfull. 

Best regards. Rod.

Img_6019b.jpg

Hi. though i'm far from being an expert in Buick, from what i read, i believe that the Blackout model was a very special and limited serie with all the chrome parts and ornements taking off. So i'd be very gratefull...and lucky if i could find those somewhere, whatever the condition. At least i would have some material to work on for a restoration. 

Thanks for your answer. Have a good day. Rod.

• 4 years later...
On 9/4/2019 at 3:28 PM, rodolphe said:

Good afternoon members.

Best regards. Rod.

Img_6019b.jpg

Hello rodolphe! I hope you doing well! Are you still wanting the tail lights? I have one! Regards!