Red Riv spotted in MD

Zimm63

Zimm, that was me and the Mrs going Frankford ( DE) just east of Bethany Beach. The AC has been working better than I expected. I’m really surprised I’ve come to grips with how the AC performs. I’m going keep watch and hope it continues to cool as it has. I’ve lost the thermometer to measure vent temp. I say if the air is cold enough for comfort that is enough information. Thank you for your observation.

Bob

• Like 1

We were heading into church on Kent Island when I saw you.  Remarked to the wife that might have been the first early Riv I had seen on the road other than mine in years.  Can't recall any others.

Glad things are working well.  My AC is blowing cold enough, but still fooling with the vacuum switches.  Heading up to Gene's early Thursday morning to see if we can find a good #1.  

• Like 1

On 8/6/2019 at 3:54 PM, Zimm63 said:

We were heading into church on Kent Island when I saw you.  Remarked to the wife that might have been the first early Riv I had seen on the road other than mine in years.  Can't recall any others.

Isn't it awesome when you spot a distinctive car on the road and it actually turns out to be the person you think it is?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/6/2019 at 3:54 PM, Zimm63 said:

Glad things are working well.  My AC is blowing cold enough, but still fooling with the vacuum switches.  Heading up to Gene's early Thursday morning to see if we can find a good #1.  

Zimm, smaller world then we think. Thank you for recognizing my car. The First gen Riv’s were popular where I was living in 1963.

Good luck on getting the vacuum switch at Gene’s. Combing ebay allowed me to get a “ new” 56 year old #1 vacuum switch a couple of years ago.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Zimm, just saw this. I replaced all my vacuum actuators because they would not hold a vacuum. I replaced 1,2, and 3 vacuum actuators.

# 3 vacuum actuator is a substitute for the double stack of vacuum actuators known as 3 & 4 in the Service Manual. The double stack (3&4)set up is no longer manufactured. I bought all mine from OldAir. I don’t think the actuators are sold recycled. You want a new actuator with new rubber. I tried to rebuild the double stack 3&4, but the rebuild was not successful.

Actually, the vacuum actuators hold vacuum or they don’t. Zimm please remember I’m not experienced in mechanics, but I do struggle and forge ahead.

im not sure I had to replace all the components in my AC system, but since no one could trouble shoot my problem I thought if I replace everything it had to work. I was right. Still the problem could have been any one thing. I just did not know how to find out what was wrong.

Bob