Blower control module in a 95

drummerboy

Where the deuce is it?  Research in this forum and on the interweb places it in several places.  Under the passenger seat? Nope.  Under the hood by the blower?  What blower?  Under the carpet on the passenger side?  Now they're just having fun with me.  Under the glove box?  Likely.   I removed the panel, contorted myself but still don't see it.  Where can it be?  Pictures or a diagram would really help.  A map would be even better.  Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, RivNut said:

Looks like it's time to purchase the ol' chassis manual.  Then you can tell the rest of us.  Thanks in advance.

Ed

If the expert is stumped, then I DO need to purchase the ol' chassis manual.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I owned one 8th generation Riviera for five months at the most.  It need some work done to it when I got it, when I lifted a finger it was just to call the garage.  Sorry I  couldn't help more and I hope that I didn't come off as too flippant.  One thing I've thought of since is a group that has some real insight into these cars and that is the Riviera Performance Group.  If you Google them, you'll find their website.  Good luck. (Still might not be a bad idea to purchase a chassis manual.)

Ed

2 hours ago, drummerboy said:

Where the deuce is it?  Research in this forum and on the interweb places it in several places.  Under the passenger seat? Nope.  Under the hood by the blower?  What blower?  Under the carpet on the passenger side?  Now they're just having fun with me.  Under the glove box?  Likely.   I removed the panel, contorted myself but still don't see it.  Where can it be?  Pictures or a diagram would really help.  A map would be even better.  Thanks in advance.

The '95 service manual is pretty vague ...

Remove or Disconnect

1. Right sound insulator.

2. Electrical connector.

3. Blower control module.

Going by that I would say it is under the dash on the right side , kind of behind the glovebox. The '99 service manual goes a bit more into it but not much, but it is located under the dash on the right side to be sure.

I glanced at my '95 parts car, was going to get a picture, but it isn't as obvious as the manual lets on. I'll try and get a better look tomorrow and see if I can get you a picture of the actual part.

Thanks guys. I'll have another look.  Got step 1 done but cannot for the life of me see either the connector or the module.  If the manual is too expensive and vague at that, I just might take Ed's other suggestion to let my fingers dial the garage.  Given the pain in the neck from the first look see, twisting and contorting, it may be worth it to let someone else try it.  Will try the Riv performance group first.  Cheers!

First time in a long time that a WAG of mine has been a good one.  When I had my 95, I do remember spending a fair amount of time following different threads.  The guys on the Riviera Performance group are really a dedicated bunch and know their stuff really well.  All of those "compterized electronics" are too intimidating for an old fart like me.  Probably why I didn't keep the 95 that long.  And the fact that I bougnt it for $400, drove it home, put a (used) set of tires on it, had it tuned up and fixed the steering column, and flipped for a tidy sum.  The 79 - 85 "E body" guys have a pretty good site on Facebook.  I think that Jayson Pruitt does a good job of monitoring it. 

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1