58 Way up north.......

Arctic Buick

Well, lets get started....

I have allways wanted to get an old car and restore it, but never knew what kind I wanted, but has allways been fund of the 50's. Living in the northern part of Norway kind of makes it hard to get parts as well. Today the internet is great for those things....

Anyway, I saw an ad in a Norwegian internett-site, and decided to take a look at the project.

It was a 1958 Roadmaster 2dr ht. Not many left of these cars!! Once I met the car, it just spoke to me and told me to bring it home..... So I did!!

In may, last year, I picked it up and started on the project. The frame was allready blasted and painted, and most of the rust was taken, so this was a good start for a beginner like me. 

The front of the car is off now, and the engine has been toren down and delivered to an engine-shop for cleaning and boring. This is a matching number car, so I really want to be able to use the original engine-block. 

I have also blasted and painted some of the engine components and also some of the torpedowall components. I also got a shipment of gaskets and kits for the front end, so this one is up next. 

IMG_0469.PNG

IMG_0478.PNG

IMG_0480.PNG

• Like 5

It looks quite solid what you have shown so far. :)

You are right about the Roadmaster 2 door being not often seen. 

The Roadmaster 4 doors had a production run of 10,504 compared to the 2 door only having had a production run of 2,638 cars.

Who knows how many of those exist today?

How is the interior?

I'm following with interest.

Doug

• Like 1

It is a good idea to prep parts for final paint coat as you take them off.  I would want to do it that way if I was going to attempt such a task.  And while some parts are intuitive as to "where they go" and "when they go "  when reassembling, some others are a little less so.  So, have you designed a plan for how to figure out what is what when reassembling?  

As to the pictures, if you have a way to reduce the pictures before posting, you can get a lot more into the posts.  

Good luck, and keep us up to date with your progress.  It will be fun to watch. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Summer has been to nice to be inside working on my project... However, a little progres has been made! Blasted and painted the electric fan-housing and its components, and it turned out quite well!! Also started work on the powersteering-pump. Well, beeing a novice in car-restoration, this pump turned out to be more advanced that I was prepeared for.....🤔 But I am starting to get an idea how to pick it apart!!

By the way.... Does anybody know what kind of electric motor the fan has?? Mine is compleately without any numbers or tags.....🙄

IMG_5453.JPG

IMG_5455.JPG

• Like 1