Info on 1956 ihc s-150

Started working on a 56 international harvester. Emblems on truck and title both say it’s an s150. But I can’t find any info on this truck. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance. 

FCB53822-FE12-444F-8B7C-BCAF14321FE6.jpeg

You might find some help over here: http://oldihc.org/phpBB3/index.php

Look on the kick panels inside the cab, and on the edge of the driver's door, and on the cowl under the hood. One of these locations might yield a plate that will tell you more about the truck.

I think its 1-1/2 Ton. My dad once had an L-160 that was supposedly a 2 ton. The L and R series are very similar. Your frame rails look slightly lighter, and so do your tires. Tires on the L-160 were 8.25-20 IIRC.

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)

• 2 years later...

Just checking in to see if you found the info you were looking for.  I have a 1956 S-150, it is a 1-1/2 ton flat bed with the Black Diamond 240 engine, there is a stamp on the engine block, passenger side.  The tires on my are 7.50 x 17, but I think 8.25 x 17 will fit as well.  I am still picking away at a moderate restoration, primary focus is to put her back to work on a small farm.  Let me know if you have any more questions or want to share info.

Greg

• Like 1