Noise at the front axle

My car alway makes loaud noises if i drive through holes in the street. I found out that the ubolts knock at the crossmember. refer to photo crossmember-front.jpg.

I did the yellow paint onto the bolts only and after driving there are yellow marks at the crossmember, too.

For comparison refer to photo crossmember-back.jpg. There is much more space (the yellow lines show it.)

I already changed the frame insulations last year, they look as new.

Can someone see if the crossmember or some other parts is not original?

As the rear axle crossmember is some special part for lowering (refer photo). I know that because the original rear crossmember (looks different) came with the car as old part.

But i suggest they lowered the front axle somehow (dont know for sure). I see that the nuts on the ubolts are very close to the end of the thread without a cotter pin (no holes visable).
Do someone know that/if modification parts from other Fords are fitting to the Lincolns? All looks professional.

Do someone have some idea to explain/solve that?
Has anyone photos of his axle?

Oliver

crossmember from front.jpg

crossmember from rear.jpg

crossmember-back.jpg

crossmember-front.jpg

rear axle.jpg

2 minutes ago, ralphnof49 said:

Also check the bolts on the shocks as when loose they cause bump noise

Thank you Ralph but doesn't explain why the paint marks are at the crossmember. There must be a contact while driving and i bet this is not normal.

Forgot to tell, that i changed the links to stabilizer and shocks, too.
Same as several bushings.

Edited by Oliver Lincoln (see edit history)

Thank you, Ken, but this fits ok. The spring is absolutely fixed in the crossmember wich is beeing hold from the two rubber insulators.

I suggest, the rubber parts (renewed from boos & herrel) are a bit too weak, so its moving too much.
Are there stronger ones availlable?
Other way could be to mount some thick, strong rubber between the moving crossmember and the upper, fixed one.

On 7/12/2019 at 3:26 PM, Ken/Alabama said:

What’s the condition of the rubber ball bushing located on the front wishbone where it meets the cross member under the transmission?  

Hi Ken, ah, i forgot to tell: also new -but while writing i remember the rubber material also seemd to a bit weak to me.

Are there different reproductions availlable? Or any known modification?

No modifications. They usually get oil soaked then the rubber deteriorates. The one for the Lincoln will carry a 99A- prefix in the part number,it’s the same as Mercury but different than the one used on the Fords. Most any of the early Ford vendors will have it. 

12 hours ago, Ken/Alabama said:

No modifications. They usually get oil soaked then the rubber deteriorates. The one for the Lincoln will carry a 99A- prefix in the part number,it’s the same as Mercury but different than the one used on the Fords. Most any of the early Ford vendors will have it. 

Ok, B&H have it, so i will order it and the cap too. As i remember last time, i did't change the cap.

I could seal the opening with silicon so no oil will drain in.

I will report...

1 minute ago, Ken/Alabama said:

You will not find that cap in reproduction. It’s made of heavy cast iron and has a 99A prefix on the part number unlike the thin stamped steel Ford version.  

Sorry, but Boos & Herrel have it!

Already ordered it and waiting now for delivery.