1935 Pierce Arrow Str 8 engine parts

Spanish47

Hi everyone!!

We are restoring the mentioned car engine,straight eight one

Just looking for new pistons,main bearings and exhaust/intake valves.

Regarding pistons I've heard some companies would reproduce them...Any suggestions?

It seems very difficult to find those parts so I would appreciate very much any help leading me to find them.

For pistons, I would recommend Arias.  Beautiful work and function perfectly.  Some other vendor's pistons don't eggezactly fit nor function well.

Main bearings are poured Babbitt.  Are you sure they're bad?  Nine main bearings and large surface area usually don't go bad.  There are numerous machine shops that can pour them for you.  On rods, some people machine them to accept inserts. You need to build up sides since original Babbitt had a shoulder.

Valves should be available.

It would be worth it for you to join Pierce Arrow Society, active forum for members plus a listing of parts and vendors, plus a lot of technical knowledge.

I have restored a few 34-35 Pierces and am very familiar with them if you have any questions.

I pen take and exhaust valves, guides, and springs.......call 413-543-9017 east coast business hours, ask for John.

He may have pistons...........

He has lots of other parts available.

I see you my prefer email, his email address is

pierceparts@aol.com

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)