37 CORD REPAIR

SO MY MECHANIC HAS THE ENGINE RUNNING AND TRANS SHIFTING IN MY CORD 812.

what are my options on the worn out steering box? front drive joints?

this car is rough and well worn out. trying to get it mechanically sound. If that isnt possible, then will just sell it, but dont want to give up yet.............

will have Gould in Mass rebuild waterpump and shafts.

all my wheels have cracks and will need to be welded.............. never seen a car so tired.

rdz69@aol.com

The best rebuild for the water pump is a Henry Portz kit, expensive but the pump on a Cord is difficult to rebuild. 9 times out of 10 the back plate will crack during disassembly.

Short of installing all new on the drive axles (used to be a kit with Toronada front end, Richardson conversion I believe), either better used pieces or rebuild what you have.

A well known ACD collector just acquired a large parts stash, pm me and I'll give you his contact info. He could also better help you with technical info.

Good luck dc

We have been running original front drive shafts and knuckles for 50 years with no problem (2 trips from Boston to Reunion and back).  You just need to keep a lot of grease in the boots.   So with that said,  finding a decent used set could work fine.  I don't think I've seen any of the Richardson conversions for sale in a while.

• Like 2