30's Kleiber truck in Paso Robles (will be scrapped soon)

Hello, 

I'm curious if anyone on this forum might be interested in acquiring a circa 1927-1930 Kleiber 2.5 ton truck that's currently for sale in Paso Robles, CA.  The seller tells me that if it is not removed from its present resting place on or before June 19th, it will almost certainly be scrapped.  This is because the seller is moving and has to be off the property after June 19. 

Kleiber trucks were made in San Francisco from 1914 to 1937 and are quite rare nowadays. I'm told that this truck was originally used to haul timber to the quicksilver mines just west of Paso Robles. The family that's selling it now has had it for about 40 years or so. 

Here's a link to the Craigslist ad for the truck: https://slo.craigslist.org/pts/d/paso-robles-1927-kleiber-truck/6901281241.html

The truck is in rough shape, but most of the parts are there (some are not pictured). I believe it can be restored.

I wouldn't mind having this truck myself, but the timing doesn't work well for me and I have too many projects already. I just want it to be saved from the scrap heap. I have also studied this brand of truck for quite some time and could assist the new owner(s) if they want to restore it. 

Please feel free to PM me if you are interested.

--waukesha

IMG_3321 - Copy.JPG

Edited by waukesha (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Thank you for those suggestions, Bud.  I am quite familiar with all three of those websites and I was considering posting this story on them.  Luckily, though, I think a good new home for the truck has been found already (knock on wood). 

I am glad to know there are people out there who care about vehicles like this.

Thanks again,

waukesha