Mystery Part?

pesd

thanks,

front end, turbo replacement, right wheel assembly, drive shaft, new seals, had to take every thing out to get to the turbo. coolant and oil lines, air intake and vacuum lines. exhaust.

everything almost back together, but that part has me concerned. maybe it doesnt even belong to this project??

mystery part.jpg

Did you put the shims back under the passenger's side engine mount? Still doesn't look exactly like one, but similar.

Only 2 other things that come to mind off the top of my head are:

-hood guide blocks in the engine bay attached to the fenders

-shift cable hold down

I'm not the world's gift to cars by any means, but I'm usually pretty good at memorizing where certain components go. Having taken 3 TC's pretty much all the way apart I can't say I recall this part. Doesn't mean it doesn't belong, though!

• 5 months later...
On 6/10/2019 at 1:46 PM, pesd said:

thanks,

front end, turbo replacement, right wheel assembly, drive shaft, new seals, had to take every thing out to get to the turbo. coolant and oil lines, air intake and vacuum lines. exhaust.

everything almost back together, but that part has me concerned. maybe it doesnt even belong to this project??

mystery part.jpgThat looks like an end piece used on a three liter V6 intake gasket. One was used at each end of the gasket where it contacted the block.