65 Riv - Generator/fan belt rep - am i being daft?

moran75

Hi All

Re 65 Riv with 401 and A/C ..

I'm trying to loosen up the generator enough so i can replace the fan belts..as far as I can make out just loosening the two bolts (pics attached for ref) holding generator to bracket doesn't quite allow enough movement inwards to allow comfortable fitting of the belts over the pulley on the generator. Almost, but its a heck of a job trying to get the belt up and over...

The manual makes ref of also loosening the bolts 'at either end of the generator bracket' itself  - i may be daft but cant see what they can be referring to? I can see a few bolts where the bracket joins the block - as per last pic ...but even if i could find the ones at the other 'end' it all seems pointless because the A/C unit is also bolted on to the generator bracket and crucially also to its own bracket at the rear - so that woudn't make it possible to move the generator that extra bit inwards?

Am i getting the wrong end of the stick?!

Thanks in advance

Kevin

IMG_0947.JPG

IMG_0952.JPG

IMG_0954.JPG

I generally dont have an issue with this but you can try completely removing the lower alternator bolt and see if that will give you a little more "swing" from the component to enable you to install the belts...and then reinstall the bolt 

Tom