Cars in HO Miniature Size

Knowing how some on here enjoy collecting toy cars, here is a picture of today’s cleanup job on 1960s era ho slot cars.  Also have two of the steering wheel type controllers that didn’t make the photo.  The Atlas boxes are dated 1962, note the T-bird in the Atlas name block.

54BBE35F-A538-40E0-BC9C-11800655D417.jpeg

Edited by TerryB (see edit history)
  • Like 1

If it’s true the guy with the most toys wins, YOU Win John!   Neat stuff, mine are more things from my brother-in-law cleanout campaign that he dropped off a couple of weeks ago.  The Atlas accessory boxes are neat, I never had ho slot cars so I didn’t know half of this stuff existed.  I’m trying to get values on many of his items and the price some of this stuff brings on eBay is amazing.  Now I wish I would have had some of this when I was a kid!

One year my Dad got me an Aurora Model Motoring set with a Corvette and a Jaguar for Christmas. They are the "vibrator" type and sort of delicate mechanical elements. During the year, I collected more cars from the local hobby shops. The next year I got another full set and the year after, still another full set, collecting more cars as usual. The cars got better and faster. You could even get silicone tires to install for more grip. They were easy to relube and fix during a race. We had a full basement in our home in Royal Oak, Michigan and I had that track going around the huge, dinosaur style furnace down there. My friends and I had a BLAST racing for hours upon hours. I keep wanting to set the track up again, but I have run out of space.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keiser31 said:

Sorry I kinda took over this thread.

No that’s fine!  You have great info to add as I was not even aware of all the ho stuff.  I had the larger cars with a Marx set.  Here are the cars.  I think I got the euro cars as the sets with American cars were sold out.

C334F603-1304-4AE3-99E3-91E1A0F88AB2.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/11/2019 at 3:55 PM, keiser31 said:

One year my Dad got me an Aurora Model Motoring set with a Corvette and a Jaguar for Christmas.

I could have written that line. :lol:

I got the exact same set for Christmas!

Wish I still had it.

Your Batmobile is badass!!!

Edited by GregLaR (see edit history)