Newbie with a '63, dont let me ruin it!

• Members
  • 1 post

Another newby. thanks in advance for your knowledge and wisdom. lol. and apologize for the long first post.

About me,  although Im a quick study and can usually figure out mechanics and such, I am by far NO experienced mechanic.

A few months back I bought a 64 riv, as a project for my 12 yo daughter and I. Big mistake. I didn't inspect properly and acted impulsively. It has a 425, runs, seats are in really great shape. The car and all chrome has been shake can painted flat black, (WHY!). The rest of the car is pretty much consists of rust and rot. best way to advertise to get it off my driveway, looking for $3000 OR b.o.

NOW, I wised up and bought another. This is a '63, pictured. I will have so many questions as this awesome daddy daughter project goes on. those with experience, where to start? i want to keep as stock as possible without being a complete fanatic, (not that thats a bad thing.) purists are impressive to me and they are the ones with the most knowledge, so big respect. 

It runs beautiful, well cared for by the previous owner, but never really restored, just lovingly, and I mean lovingly, he teared up when I was about to drive away cared for. 

a few of  many questions to come for the '63. 

wonder bar, how does it work?

is there a way to get the original sticker info to id options that may not be on the data plate? 

First thing I should do. I was going to start with radio, mainly because I've it before. 

thanks again. 

i translated the data plate but the are a few things on there that im not sure about, IE: 717-J2. 717 is blue, but J2?

data plate 63.jpg

63 riv passenger side. .jpeg

63 riv dash board drivers side.jpeg

63 421 riv.jpeg

data plate translate.jpg

• Like 1