what is this lever to?

This lever is the GAS Pedal, however it looks like the bar on the left should be attached to something, but it is not connected to anything? I am not sure why? 

the middle attaches to the gas pedal so when I push the gas the whole bar assembly goes down, but what could attach to the left lever that would work with the gas? 

20190430_230939_resized - Copy.jpg

It controlled your currently missing automatic clutch. A rod went from it to a spool valve mounted on the top of the automatic clutch vacuum assembly to control the amount of vacuum in the piston when you pressed on the accelerator.

Edit: There should also be another lever arm that is unused on the clutch release shaft where the automatic clutch was linked to the throw out bearing release.

Edited by ply33 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Sactownog said:

these are pictures of the clutch/brake and I do not see anything that would connect to that rod that is attached to the gas peddle assembly. 

The automatic clutch is missing on my car too. I've attached a photo of the lever on the bell housing that it attaches to and a scan from the "Operators Manual" showing the general hookup.

Scan.jpeg

IMG_20190503_123606.jpg

1 minute ago, Sactownog said:

my freewheeling wire was only a pull with no opposite wire to pull it back when I push. 

is the freewheeling wire a push pull on its own or is it supposed to have a spring that helps disengage it? 

It is a fairly solid wire that can both push and pull.

• Like 1

to clarify, I have been told the push/pull know that controls the freewheel will work on the OD, not sure about the Electrical part of the Transmission on how that hooks up, but guess I will find out when I get it. 

The spring for my freewheeling unit is inside the freewheeling case itself.  The cable is pull/push.  I’m not an overdrive expert.  Weren’t they manually operated until 38 or 39 when they went to an electrically controlled unit?