Help identifing

Bosco Murphy

Hello, I need help identifing this car. I believe it is a Chevrolet but I am unsure of the year and Model. Thank you.

I thought that it would of been taken in 1942 but after searching and searching I came up with a 1948 Chevrolet Fleetmaster or Stylemaster, (not sure) I believe that it has a Chevrolet Badge on the Hood.

Thanks much.

Chevrolet .jpg

Thank you so Much!!! I was trying to identify the year of when a picture was taken and the only thing I had was the Car. It was a picture of my Grandmother and my Uncle. The event was my parents Marriage, the 4th of July 1942. I was about 75% there with a 1948 Chevrolet Stylemaster but the Grill was not perfect. I was trying to get a car model with Bumperette's but they called them Double Duty Bumpers back then. Again Thank You Cheers, Bosco

Ma & Dads Wedding St. Joe's.jpg

As an FYI 1942 year model cars were rare in 1942.

After tapering off during November-December of 1941, Production stopped completely in Jan-Feb of 1942. All new 1942 cars were impounded and rationed and you needed permission to be able to buy one. This car likely belonged to someone who had status/influence. 

Today limos are commonly rented for the drive away from the church. Back then it seemed to be common to borrow someone's brand new (status type) car for the drive and pictures. Perhaps this was the case for your parents? 

I agree totally with your comment. My Uncle in the picture had a RE & Ins business so maybe it was his Oldsmobile, I'll have to ask my cousins. My Dad on the other hand was previously an Undertaker and probably had connections (Boston). I do know that when he was courting my Mom he had a 16cyl Cadillac(Limo) and was told it had wooden spoke wheels. I'm not sure of the year of that and I don't have any pictures. I don't really know where to begin search for this model & year Cadillac. This would of been before 1937. Anyway this picture is the 4th of July, 1942, he went to War right after along with 6 of his brothers. He was gone for 4 solid years.

Cheers