100 years of citroen

sebastienbuick

44 minutes ago, sebastienbuick said:

no it was just miniature models, damage, it would have been good that there are in real life ;) 

I imagine they are probably still in the French government motor pool garages.

Did they have any advertising displays at that show?  I must admit, the 1972 SM brochure is a work of photographic art, and it did earn numerous advertising awards at the time.

Craig

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TerryB said:

The CA pictures of the Citroen were taken by my son who lives in that area.  I am in PA, the east coast of USA.  Not many Citroen autos in my area.

Agree, are there also peugeot and Renault ?

5 hours ago, 8E45E said:

I imagine they are probably still in the French government motor pool garages.

Did they have any advertising displays at that show?  I must admit, the 1972 SM brochure is a work of photographic art, and it did earn numerous advertising awards at the time.

Craig

No there was no advertising screen at this exhibition, there was only advertising on a sheet of paper

16 hours ago, TerryB said:

Another Citroen from California.  We had Renault in the 1980s when they purchased American Motors (AMC).  The LeCar model was popular as an economy car.  The best selling AMC product was the Jeep brand.

64D7644A-0E87-462D-BBFA-E4A63B716BFD.jpeg

9572DA4F-553D-4AFE-BA53-C2D8528969BC.jpeg

Agree, thanks for the explanation ;) and beautiful pictures ;) 

1 minute ago, sebastienbuick said:

Yes it's true, but since there was a lot of citroen, they prefer to put all the citroen together and the other brand to another place

At a Studebaker meet, they are open to Packards, Pierce Arrows, Garfords, and any other make once owned or purchased by them.   Even Excalibur counts as the very first one, labeled 'Studebaker SS' was on a Studebaker chassis with an R2 engine, and subsequent Series I Excaliburs were on a Studebaker chassis although with Chevrolet power. 

Not sure if there were trophies handed out at that event, but there will usually be a 'Peoples' Choice' trophy for non-Studebaker-branded vehicle that was affiliated with the company.  

Craig

4 minutes ago, 8E45E said:

At a Studebaker meet, they are open to Packards, Pierce Arrows, Garfords, and any other make once owned or purchased by them.   Even Excalibur counts as the very first one, labeled 'Studebaker SS' was on a Studebaker chassis with an R2 engine, and subsequent Series I Excaliburs were on a Studebaker chassis although with Chevrolet power. 

Not sure if there were trophies handed out at that event, but there will usually be a 'Peoples' Choice' trophy for non-Studebaker-branded vehicle that was affiliated with the company.  

Craig

Thanks for the information, I did not know all these brands, I just know the brands "Studebaker, Packards and Excalibur ".
Studebaker are very rare in France.

3 minutes ago, 8E45E said:

Yes they are known in France but there are not many, in 10 years I saw that 2 studebaker in exhibitions.
I really like this brand :wub: :wub: