Tidewater Region (TRAACA) 2019 Swap Meet [March 9,2019]

BearsFan315

Plan on Attending  

2 members have voted

1. 1. How to plan on spending your visit ??

• Vendor/Seller
    • Buyer/Browser
    • Both

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/10/2019 at 04:59 AM

It's that time of year again and the Tidewater Region of the AACA (TRAACA) is getting ready for our annual swap meet. This is a great event, tons of vendors, people, and stories. 

We are MOVING to new location, more centrally located in the area, easier access and more inside space for vendors as well as shaded outdoor area for vendors.  WE will be near the intersection of US 460 & US 58. We will have a food vendor onsite for breakfast and lunch. as well as HOT coffee and HOT Chocolate to keep you warm. We will also have a section for Car Corral, so if you are trying to sell an antique car, or looking to pick one up.

Nansemond-Suffolk Academy

3373 Pruden Blvd.

Suffolk, VA 23434

Link to Google Maps for Directions

Saturday March 9, 2019

(Rain or Shine)

8 a.m. until 3 p.m.

Information and Details can be found here: TRAACA 2019 Swap Meet

flyer is in the link above to click download and mail in, or bring for day of event.

if you have any questions you can contact me via message here or message me, I am handling Registration for this event !!

PreRegistration Deadline is March 2, 2019

There is a reduced price for PreRegistration !! so take advantage of this while you can.

Edited by BearsFan315 (see edit history)

Looking forward to it- see me for neat early automobilia - bring old spark plugs for my collection!!!

Terry

IMG_6930.JPG

brass 2.jpg

motometers.jpg

Guest Mark McAlpine

Great location--lots of indoor & outdoor vendor spaces, centrally located, easy to access, and easy to find.  I'm looking forward to seeing some new vendors from outside the Tidewater region.

• 1 month later...

Today was our Annual Swap Meet :) was a little cool and cloudy but NO rain !!

Have to say it was a GREAT event in our New Location

we had a Good Showing of Vendors (both indoors and outdoors) and TONS of shoppers, actually had a GREAT number of Drive By Shoppers (lots of people Driving by and stopping in to see what was going on, walking & shopping the meet)

Received lots of positive feedback from all the vendors as well as shoppers

have to say it was a success and hope to be back here next year and have the show grow

attaching a few pictures, from our site to share ;)

• Like 1

Yes indeed - a great day. It was nice and comfy warm inside.  Plenty of hot coffee, hot chocolate, treats and outstanding hot-dogs! - but, we didn't come just to eat.  This is the spring kick-off for the old car season here and it was a great social event for old car enthusiasts from all over the area, including Petersburg, Richmond, North Carolina, and elsewhere in Virginia.  I saw great attendance from area Model A and T clubs as well as other AACA Regions and other local clubs including street-rod lovers, and clubs like Chevy Lovers and many others.  The new location is fabulous with generous space for vendors both in and outside.  Sales were great and whatever you were looking for was there.  Saw brass and pre-war stuff, Model T and A parts, truck stuff, accessories, wheels, tires, tools, performance goodies, automobilia from 1900 to present, antique advertising, literature from all eras, neat cars for sale, and all kinds of gas station items and petromobilia.  I saw our editor and webmaster roaming around cameras in hand so hopefully they will post a few more photos for everyone to enjoy. I forgot to pack my own so am photo-less this year.  Best part about this new location, there is room to grow and it is very accessible for everyone. I'm sure we'll get a few more pics up shortly.

Terry

Guest Mark McAlpine

As Jerry Adams and Terry Bond already said, the new location for our annual Swap Meet worked out well.  The staff and leadership of Nansemond-Suffolk Academy in Suffolk, VA, were very accommodating, which helped ensure the success of our event.  We look forward to holding our Swap Meet--our 25th Annual Swap Meet--there next March.  

Thanks to all the vendors and shoppers who came out to support our event!  It wouldn't be a swap meet without you (although I would spend less).   Thanks to all our volunteers who contributed to the success of our swap meet, especially Swap Meet Chairman Bill Treadwell, Registration Chairman Jerry Adams,  and Skip Patnode and Jim Villers who helped Bill layout the vendor spaces.  Thanks also to all the members who donated delicious baked goods for our bake sale and to Bob Hanbury for bringing out and manning (along with young Brandon Moore) the coffee & hot chocolate trailer outside, helping to keep us all warm.

I was too busy inside working the AACA & TRAACA Membership Table with Bob Parrish to take many photos, but have included a few I took and some taken by Chris Hunt.

IMG_5300 (2).JPG

IMG_5303 (2).JPG

IMG_5305 (2).JPG

IMG_5308 (2).JPG

IMG_5312 (2).JPG

IMG_5319.JPG

IMG_5320 (2).JPG

IMG_5322 (2).JPG

IMG_5328.JPG

IMG_5324 (2).JPG

IMG_5325 (2).JPG

IMG_5326.JPG