Wayne Blais

1927Buick McLaughlan Rad

Hi I have a 1927 Buick Mc Laughlan Rad that was a barn find, its actually complete with thermostat, I was wondering the c

value and if its demand, any help would be appreciated.

Wayne: If we knew a bit more it would be helpful. Photos and condition. A Master radiator has the hole through the bottom tank the Standard does not. 

• Like 1

If anyone needs a Master rad I have one. I think it's 28 but may be a year or 2 newer or older.  A bit of damage to the core but otherwise quite decent. PM me if interested.

Greg in Canada

It looks as though the core could be salvaged. I found a 1927 NOS one at Hershey for $450. Although from experience the best of cleaning of the honeycombs still has cooling issues. For my 1925 Standard I bought a somewhat nice looking radiator with a rusted out shell for $75.00. When cleaned and tested the core was junk as was the shell.  So I was only able to use the tanks. I had mine re-cored at $925. Not honeycomb. They quoted me over $3,000 at the time for honeycomb.  The shell looks not to be rusted out at the bottom but looks to be pitted overall. A very nice non-pitted shell I paid $75.00 for cost me $650 for re-plating in nickel. All prices in US funds. So with incidentals like re-plating the cap, hood lacing, refinishing the shroud etc. gets me up to almost $2,000 to make it this pretty.

DSCF6650.thumb.JPG.3b40d6ac9e397578950317c883b4a0b2.JPG

DSCF7203.thumb.JPG.8435b2f77a0c187ec846829c4763c159.JPG