Radio head identification

V.Milke

Hi guys:

My 1934 series 50 coupe has this radio head which I haven't seen in similar cars. Can anybody help me identify it? Are the knobs correct?

I am hoping it is correct, of course, but I prefer to know... and then find the rest of the radio as I only have the control.

Thanks,

Victor

16.06, 1934 Buick series 50 coupe, Don Juanito Martin +(67).JPG

• Like 1

Victor,

I don’t know if yours is or isn’t “correct “, but from my recollection the radio was typically supplied aftermarket and dealer-installed, was the case in the 1934 we sold to another person on our site. It was of different design but also said “Buick” - There were likely multiple suppliers. I’m reasonably sure that I have an exceptionally nice complete setup with the firewall-mounted unit, but the head unit and cables have the Pontiac nameplate and has a key tumbler to lock the radio - common in the era. the head of this one is identical to the one from my '34, but has the Pontiac name rather than the Buick name, as in the old photo of our (former) '34 Buick1722967004_1934BUICK019.thumb.jpg.8584e7d3445317ffbc59235eb5d42188.jpg. I don’t know if it is operational, but absolutely could be made so since it is complete and in the box (per my memory). You could certainly use the unit and attach your head under dash unit. The control cables from yours would probably work directly with my set. I can also put you in touch with Retro Radio in Elizabethtown PA who restored the radio in my now-sold ‘34, and in my 1941 Cadillac, to not only play, but to also have AM/FM with external leads for iPod, CD, etc.

If interested, please PM by clicking on my name at upper left. I can give you personal contact info - easier to speak directly.

Marty

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)