How to disassemble the wheel cover of a 1930

c.kielstra

Hello all,
I use a translation computer, excuse me for it.
This is the first time for me on this forum.
My name is Catrinus Kielstra from Holland Europe.
I have a Packard convertible coupe from 1930.
I want the wheel off for the control of the brakes. I have the bolts out, but the wheel is still fixed. I have to remove the hubcap.
I've tried that, but that's very difficult.
Is that normal. A key does not fit.
I will try to take a picture.
I will try to send more photos of the car.
Only I am not a computer technician
Kind regards Catrinus Kielstra

IMG_1551.thumb.jpg.9825e94847ea36dd8dea9c3dbe13a106.jpg

After the bolts are removed nothing else should hold the wheel on. Just push the wheel from behind or maybe it is necessary the hit the inside rim with a rubber or wooden mallet.

You can find my contact details on through this forum. I can answer more questions you might have in Dutch which will be easier for you.

Arnold van Zon

Arnold and West are correct - the wheel is just stuck on the drum (perhaps rust or perhaps too much paint - hard to say).  You may have to lay on your back or ... and give it a good kick from the backside (or a bunch of good kicks).  The center of the cap is just a dust cover for the bearing and the outside of the cap is peened over the rim from the inside - but regardless either have nothing to do with getting the wheel off of the car.   Also, lay something down on the floor or have someone hold wheel as when it comes off is is going to "come off."

Goodday everyone,
Thank you for your goodness. I have already emailed Arnold van Son back. Only I do not know if I did that right.
My Packard is a Cabriolet coupe 733 8 cyl. 1930.
He has a Borg-Warner overdrive.Only that does not work according to me.How he works, I do not understand.I have the idea that the ignition is not good.There is also something on the forum to put the ignition on time. Should the ignition also be different in relation to petrol today.
I will try to send a photo.
Kind regards Catrinus Kielstra

37eaea76-e75b-4b34-95d3-6db7577caa06.jpg