1934 Dodge Brothers Truck

Levi E

I have my Fathers 1934 Dodge Brothers truck Model: KH30. I know the engine was replaced when I was a child. Maybe in the mid to late 1950's. The engine code that is in the truck now is: P24* I57828. Can anybody tell me what year the engine is and what it might have came out of??? I think it came from a local junk yard. Any help would be appreciated. I need a Starter and Generator for it.

On 12/30/2018 at 11:19 AM, Levi E said:

I have my Fathers 1934 Dodge Brothers truck Model: KH30. I know the engine was replaced when I was a child. Maybe in the mid to late 1950's. The engine code that is in the truck now is: P24* I57828. Can anybody tell me what year the engine is and what it might have came out of??? I think it came from a local junk yard. Any help would be appreciated. I need a Starter and Generator for it.

Curious to know what starter number your 1953 Plymouth engine used in this truck because a 1935 and newer engine bolted up to 1934 bell housing creates an interference between the starter barrel and the engine block. I've seen starters with the side machined to clear,  but never found a stock starter with small barrel.

I'm working on the body tags for 1933-1938 Dodge and Plymouth trucks and I'd be interested in pictures of the two tags (square serial number tag and oval body tag) on the firewall of your 1934 KH30 to help in my research.

Thanks,

Eric