Update on 65' Buick GS

Toml33611

Hey all,

I just wanted to give the community an update on where I went with my 65' Buick Skylark that I posted about a couple months ago.  I had asked for your advice on what I should do with it....since I'm new to owning a classic like this....and I am grateful for the advice.  The AACA community was great.  I got the brakes fixed relatively inexpensively and gave her a good spit shine.  After 35 years of sitting in a barn she cleaned up reasonable well!  Thanks again.

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

56677044729__8B7CDD81-F1C4-4511-905C-BC3A1FACD0DC (1).JPG

• Like 3

I made it clear through your last thread what I think about your car. I loved it at first glance, and I knew that you would come to appreciate it as well. You have a very special car- very rare muscle car, beautiful original condition, and long time documented family ownership. It doesn't get much better then that! You have just scratched the surface. When you begin to share it with knowledgeable car people you will begin to understand how special it really is. Congratulations I think keeping it was the right decision.

• Thanks 1

I am very happy to see you have decided to enjoy your "new toy"! And : it can even do duty as transportation in a pinch  😎!  Now, here is some good advice. Don't ever let the car sit baking in the sun for more than a very few minutes. Invest in a good UV resistant car cover. Also see if you can find/make a small cover for just the entire passenger compartment, going over the windshield, which you can quickly deploy. Sun eats car interiors, upholstery, rubber, and cracks steering wheels. 

Glad getting the car back on the road was easy. Speaks well for its storage.  -  Carl 

• Thanks 1