Early DB business car cabs

Not a lot of information is known about the business cars from 1917 to 1920. I'm interested in the cab and frame numbers from 1917 to 1920 complete or just parts. I have a business car with frame number 159389 and cab number 38843 (number found on fire wall) not sure of manufacturer of cab so I'm interested did Dodge have more than one suppler of the cabs. Yes I had many people tell me they have a original cab but its a touring body cut off behind the front seat. I would like to put some history together about the early cabs so if you have one please send me the numbers off the frame and cab. thanks!

Hopefully in the next few days there will be some photographic evidence that MAY answer some of your questions available on the Dodge Brothers Club website. There are about 3400 pictures from Budd Manuf. that will be shown. There are screenside pictures from May 1916. I THINK Budd was building all of the bodies for everything DB related at that time. I am thinking yours should have a Budd tag under the seat? Your's is certainly an early business car, would love to see some pictures.

• Like 1

I wish you the best!!  Having done a similar restoration on a 27 Dodge Sedan, I know how long it takes, and all contortions you have to do!!  Back surgery is never easy to overcome, and I can bet, it limits your movements now.  Hang in there, cause not many people undertake such a project!!!  Chuck