1948 Lincoln Continental Convertible for Sale Mid Restoration, Needs Finishing

48_Lincoln

Hello Lincoln Lovers.  I have a 1948 Lincoln Continental Convertible for sale.  It has been taken totally apart and mechanically restored to a high standard.  I have receipts for at least $13,000 in engine rebuilding, by a local shop with an excellent reputation.  I don't even wanna say how much the other receipts add up to, you wouldn't believe it as I can't.  There are 4 to 5 inches of receipts.  Chrome was by NuChrome.  Hardware and small parts are bagged and tagged, the guy was very organized but took forever to do things.  The owner since the early 70's has passed away and his family didn't want to put any more money into the restoration.  Tires are new, rear end rebuilt, I am sure transmission was done but I haven't seen the receipts for it yet. I'm looking for reasonable offers on the car, I realize there is much work to be done, most now is paint and reassembly.   Car is in Massachusetts, I will assist in shipping and ship worldwide.  I will also consider interesting trades of comparably valued items, vehicles, antiques, etc. Please send me a PM with your phone and email and I will get back to  you.    Thanks for looking!

Lincoln_48_001.jpg

Lincoln_48_002.jpg

Lincoln_48_003.jpg

Lincoln_48_005.jpg

Lincoln_48_006.jpg

Lincoln_48_007.jpg

Lincoln_48_008.jpg

Lincoln_48_009.jpg

Lincoln_48_010.jpg

Lincoln_48_011.jpg

Lincoln_48_012.jpg

Lincoln_48_013.jpg

Lincoln_48_014.jpg

Lincoln_48_015.jpg

Lincoln_48_016.jpg

Lincoln_48_017.jpg

Lincoln_48_018.jpg

Lincoln_48_019.jpg

Lincoln_48_020.jpg

Lincoln_48_021.jpg

Lincoln_48_022.jpg

Lincoln_48_023.jpg

Lincoln_48_024.jpg

Lincoln_48_025.jpg

Lincoln_48_027.jpg

Lincoln_48_029.jpg

Edited by 48_Lincoln (see edit history)

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting the car for sale here.

It's becoming increasingly difficult to sell project cars such as this one.  Even though a lot of money has been spent, there's still a LOT of money left to be spent to get the car together, painted, upholstered.  And, sadly, a lot of the things done may have to be redone.  Tires dry rot, chrome gets tarnished, and so forth.

I have no idea of value, so will leave that to the Lincoln guys.  Price guides say a '48 convertible in perfect condition is worth high five figures, but there are some advertised now for much less than that.  My gut feeling is that you'd be doing well to get what's in the engine for the car, but again, I'm not a Lincoln expert.

Good luck with your sale....

Edited by trimacar (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...