Senior Six Questions for Car and Truck guys

30DodgePanel

Continuing on … 

This is proof that the 12M and 14M were the only two possibilities for this Senior engine label.

Kings Master Catalog No. 56 dated from 1918-1936 shows that 12M and 14M were the only two possible engines that would have been used in the Senior and trucks. If you compare all the other vehicles mentioned and follow the parts #'s trail you'll see this to be proven out. 

Edit: Harry posted the previous post showing the 12M at the same exact time I was posting this. To me that is further confirmation they did label the Dodge engine and to me that is proof that it was labeled 12M originally. THANK YOU SO MUCH Harry ! 

So now, finding a Continental Motors piece of literature (catalogs, manuals, brochures, advertising) showing this 12M would be the last bit of visual confirmation we need to finalize this fact in comparison to the 2249 photos above. Good stuff....very good..

King 56 1.jpg

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

16 minutes ago, hwellens said:

Here is some data from a Victor Gasket book:

Dodge 2.jpg

Dodge 1.jpg

Harry, do you have anything at all that shows this Senior engine being labeled 14M anywhere ? As I said, my theory is that 12M was the original 3 1/4" bore senior then when they made the change the label changed to 14M for the 3 3/8" bore. I'm trying to prove or disprove this theory. 

Thanks again for everyone's help. This is a huge find.