1973 Fisher Body Coach, Silver & Gold Model

caddyshack

Many articles have been written about the Fisher Body symbol in the past few months. And many replicas or models have been produced over the years to commemorate its design. In 1973 the American Silversmiths Guild, Inc. in Paramus, New Jersey, produced 1000 units to celebrate General Motors Corp. golden anniversary. The Napoleonic coach was hand crafted to perfection by master silversmiths using sterling silver and 24 caret gold over sterling silver. The doors open and close, the wheels turn, the stairs fold away in a hidden compartment in the undercarriage and the coach has a working spring suspension. These coaches were made primarily for General Motors dealers. A year later, the horses were crafted. And, a year or two later the queen, king and two carriage men were added to complete the set. There is a certificate of authenticity with registration number included.  A few coaches have sold at auction over the years, but not many complete sets have come up for sale.

Asking $12,000.00

If you are interested in purchasing the set, contact me for further info. 

Thanks

IMG_1225.JPG

IMG_1221.JPG

• 2 years later...
On 1/31/2021 at 3:57 PM, The Nest Estate Sales said:

Were there ever replicas made of these silver and gold?

Yes, there were back-page full-color ads on the old Car Classics magazine in 1975 to commemorate GM's purchase of Fisher Body.  They were being sold for $5000 each.

Craig

3 hours ago, 8E45E said:

Yes, there were back-page full-color ads on the old Car Classics magazine in 1975 to commemorate GM's purchase of Fisher Body.  They were being sold for $5000 each.

Craig

These were dealer only promotions in 1973, and the coach alone was around $5K The added horses, carriage men and king & queen came later at an additional cost. Outstanding workmanship by the guild. Other attempts to replicate the classic coach design have been tried by others I believe. This set sold very quickly. Thanks for the responses.

2 hours ago, caddyshack said:

These were dealer only promotions in 1973, and the coach alone was around $5K The added horses, carriage men and king & queen came later at an additional cost. Outstanding workmanship by the guild. Other attempts to replicate the classic coach design have been tried by others I believe. This set sold very quickly. Thanks for the responses.

I will scan one of the ads later today.  As I recall, one only received the coach alone for $5K when it was offered to the public in 1975.

Craig

Good find Craig. Good eye. They are definitely the same coach.

Check into the background of Lanello Reserves and you will find that they are, or were, a gold and silver investment firm in California that may have handled excess inventory after the original distribution in1973.

Thanks,

Skip in MN.

• Like 1

Now wouldn’t that make an ultimate (dash/hood/package shelf) bling for any Fisher/GM enthusiast-owner ?

Red & silky prancing horse underwear(?) wouldn’t have anything on one of these.