63 won't start. Am I missing something??

riviadrian

My 63 has been sitting on jack stands for the last 3 months as I have replaced the entire front suspension.  I installed a brand new battery and checked that all wires are connected.  Has petronix ignition.  It will turn over but won't fire.  The car started and ran fine when I started this suspension project.  Am I missing something?  I was supposed to take it in for alignment today. Ugh.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Adrian

Adrian, you need a helper to turn the car over while you remove the coil wire from the distributor cap and hold it close to a ground on the engine and check for consistent spark coming out of the wire. If the spark looks strong, remove the air cleaner lid and spray some Berryman's B12 carb cleaner into the throat

of the carburetor and see if it starts and runs until the Berryman's runs out. Do these tests and report back your findings.

Thanks Winston,

Carb cleaner worked great.  Not sure why it didn't work yesterday when I tried the same thing.  Oh well, she's running now after a little sweet talk and carb cleaner.  She's not the prettiest and she can be a bit temperamental at times, but damn I love that car.  I will bring her to you in a bit for that alignment.

Thanks again!

Adrian