sheet metal body work on a model A roof

drbs

Could some one tell me what is the best way to fix or repair, or how do you replace the rounded roof right above the door  on the side on a 1929 coupe? On both sides of the car you can see pinholes through them. I can order the lower body panels, but I can not find these yet. Thank you, Dave

I don't believe anyone makes those panels. If you only need a piece,  seems like you could possibly use sedan pieces,  if you have to go past the door,  I imagine you would need coupe pieces.  Still aot of pieces of these laying around.  You should be able to find some donor pieces.

I don't know how different the Coupe sheet metal is from a Tudor Sedan, but Mike's A Ford-able Parts has them available for '29 Sedans PN A-47775-L & R. You might be able to modify them to fit.

If the pin holes are in an area where you can get to them without a second layer of metal in the way, you can lightly sandblast the inside and apply two layers of fiberglass mat and sand the outside and apply filler over the surface.

I have done this on fenders and a hood that looked like swiss cheese. They have held up for 10 years so far.