1931 Chrysler CD8 Oil Filter service?

Here are a couple of pics of the factory oil filter from my '31 Chrysler CD8 engine. I have included a picture of the remains of the original decal, amazing it has lasted this long. Measure about 1&1/8" x 3&7/8", lettered and bordered as shown. Not sure if there are reproductions available, interestingly, it was mounted on back underside, could not be seen from anywhere, not sure how one was supposed to read message! The similar type AC decal for a '31 Chevy air cleaner has never been found (as far as I last recall), making a reproduction impossible to accurately create.

My question is what have people done to restore/replace/modify these non-serviceable canisters to look authentic. Manual says to replace with new cartridge after 10,000 miles or so? I realize one could likely drive these cars without a filter at all (my '31 Chevy runs fine without one), but I would rebuild it if there is a way to. Considered soaking it in gasoline a few times and "rinsing out" the insides.

IMG_5262.JPG

IMG_5315.JPG

IMG_5313.JPG

There is a PER 1/2 on ebay right now. It is a later "micronic" filter and fits many vehicles. It looks the same and I think will work.

1930 Dodge Brothers Eight has the same filter. My long term plan is to turn off the swage and open it up and if possible, hide a modern spin-on filter inside.