Wanted - Arrow Flyers, (guide track) cars built by Arrow Development

On 3/17/2024 at 5:36 PM, Moon Guy said:

For anyone looking for Arrow cars....I recently acquired a few of the "Cadillac" antique models that were used at the St. Louis Six Flags location. I am in the process of going through them and it will take time but if you are interested, please message me and I will send pictures once I get a better handle on what I have. 

I am looking for 10. please email me!

On 4/2/2024 at 10:53 AM, Moon Guy said:

I have recently acquired 10 Arrow Cadillac models. I need to go through them and decide which ones i will keep and the let the others go. Send me a private message and we can talk.

I am looking for 10 that have the rail/guide system still installed. I cannot PM you unfortunately as I am too new to the group. Please email me at sgallup@americanheritagerailways.com 

• 1 month later...

Six Flags in Arlington Texas is closing down its Chaparral ride, where can I bid on those cars?

@Moon Guy - do you have pics?

@txsrooster - do you still have any?  

I am looking for something to tool around our small town. We have become a golf cart community.

• gogo speed changed the title to Wanted - Arrow Flyers, (guide track) cars built by Arrow Development
  • 2 months later...
On 2/19/2020 at 8:18 PM, Damon B. said:

I might sell one or two, but they aren’t cheap.

I'm in NE Oklahoma, would love to come by and see these some day and maybe buy one.  Please post an email address.

Thanks,

Zach

VINTAGE ARROW DEVELOPMENT - LAGOON - AMUSEMENT CAR - TURNPIKE CRUISER RESTORED

https://www.ebay.com/itm/276567291823

LAGOON AMUSMENT PARK LOCATED IN FARMINGTON,UTAH

OPENED THE SPEEDWAY SR RIDE APRIL1960 JUST SOUTH OF THE PARKS MIDWAY

ORIGINAL COSTRUCTION COST $100,000 MANFACTURED BY STREIFTHU IN MIDDLETOWN,OHIO

MODELED; TURNPIKE CRUISER THE TRACK WAS 1/4 MILE LONG AND HAD NO CENTER GUIDE RAIL.

INSTEAD, THERE WERE BUMPERS ALONG BOTH SIDES OF THE ROAD AND CARS WITH BUMPERS THAT WRAPPED ALL THE WAY AROUND THE VEHICLE SO THE ORIGINAL CARS WORE OUT QUICKLY.

EACH CAR COST $1600 NEARLY THE COST OF A GOOD USED FAMILY CAR IN 1960.

THIS CAR WAS ONE OF THERE REPLACEMENTS FROM  1969 - 2000   LAGOON PURCHASED 20 CARS FROM ARROW DEVELOPMENT IN MOUNTAIN VIEW, CALIFORNIA WITH A GAS POWERD KOHLER K-SERIES 7/HP, AIR COOLED, PULL START ENGINE WITH A 6 GALLON FUEL TANK AND MAX SPEED OF 7 MPH WITH ROOM FOR TWO RIDERS THE PARK INSTALLED GUIDE RAILS TO MINIMIZE THE WEAR ON THESE NEW CARS.

THE CAR HAD A SINGLE PEDAL TO ACCELERATE AND STOP - JUST PUSH DOWN TO ACCELERATE AND LET GO TO STOP SOME CAR HAD STREERING WHEELS ON THE LEFT AND SOME ON THE RIGHT SIDE.

THE UPKEEP WAS A DRAWBACK WITH OIL CHANGES EVERY 25 HOURS AND THE RISING COST OF FUEL AND OTHER MAINTENANCE SUCH AS TIRES, FIBER GLASS REPAIR, PAINT AND WELDING OF BROKEN FRAMES FROM THE BUMPING AND CRASHING THE RIDE WAS CLOSED IN 2000.

LAGOON KEPT 4 CARS, SOLD 6 TO THE STAGGS CAR CLUB OF OGDEN UTAH.

THE REMAINING 10 WERE DESTROYED 

s-l1600.webp.12a1bd3df9bba166ff9c2f8c3c2c0701.webps-l1600.webp.9b35b27c7cec8a132636888b98144e2e.webps-l1600.webp.eb63c38b5a081bb8ee4692653e6e0b2d.webp

On 4/2/2024 at 12:53 PM, Moon Guy said:

I have recently acquired 10 Arrow Cadillac models. I need to go through them and decide which ones i will keep and the let the others go. Send me a private message and we can talk.

I am interested.  What are the conditions and prices?

• 2 weeks later...

For Sale: Six Arrow Development “Cadillac” Antique Amusement Automobiles from 6-Flags Mid-America St. Louis Missouri. Also two extra bodies for sale. If interested, please Message me your email address and cell phone number. I have a PDF document of the details of the cars and a number of detail pictures that I can send you. I am located in St. Louis, MO and they will have to be picked up from hereimage.jpeg.71ef237497fafd17ec02a7870c6bb21f.jpeg

On 8/11/2024 at 8:46 PM, Moon Guy said:

For Sale: Six Arrow Development “Cadillac” Antique Amusement Automobiles from 6-Flags Mid-America St. Louis Missouri. Also two extra bodies for sale. If interested, please Message me your email address and cell phone number. I have a PDF document of the details of the cars and a number of detail pictures that I can send you. I am located in St. Louis, MO and they will have to be picked up from hereimage.jpeg.71ef237497fafd17ec02a7870c6bb21f.jpeg

Interested 816-215-1822 

jerryvinson@att.net 

• Like 1