1956 Wagon Weatherstrip

Long Roof

I need weather stripping around my tailgate and lift gate on my 1956 Century wagon. Right now there is not anything there and my problem is I don't know what type and where the weather strip is needed.  I am not sure if it gets applied to the car body or to the lift gate and tail gates. I checked with Steel Rubber and they do not list anything for the rear of the wagon.   They do have a generic door weatherstripping. 

Does anybody have a source or photos of what I need?

Thanks,

Steve

Steve,

On my 57 Caballero, the weatherstriping around the liftgate is on the car body. It is a da very high density foam. I have attached a picture of the profile for you. I am not sure, but there may be a profile that is very similar that Steele has for this from a different vehicle. I will check with my buddy 95Cardinal as he is doing a 58 Caballero right now.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jim

P1100210.JPG

Jim, that does help. I did find some old pics of my car and it looks like it had weather strip on both the body and on the lift gate/tail gate. I had assumed it would use a profile like what is used on the doors but just on the movable panels. It may be somebody added more to seal the gap when the old stuff dried out.

Let me know what your buddy uses on his Caballero. Surely Steele has a profile similar that is sold by the foot.

Thanks,

Steve