'53 Buick gas tank baffles - shouldn't there be some?

Buford

I recently took delivery of a new gas tank from Tanks, Inc. in Monticello, Iowa for my '53 and just out of curiosity looked inside to see what the baffles look like since their website describes them as "fully baffled". Outside of a short one at the bottom of the filler tube I don't see any other baffles including any evidence of spot welds for any I might not be able to see through the pick-up tube hole. Anybody have any knowledge of what baffles should be in a gas tank?

You could be right, Dave. I checked with the people at Tanks, Inc. about this but they couldn't confirm whether it should or shouldn't for a '53 Buick, only that it doesn't. Their tanks are made in Taiwan. Hopefully, I'll get some more responses to know for sure. And I remember the sound of gas sloshing in the tank too years ago.

Any time there is a liquid in a container, that liquid will "slosh" as the container is moved.  

The baffles, if any, would NOT prevent :"slosh", just decrease it so the fuel tank gauge needle didn't wildly move as the car did.  Or as the fuel motion settled-down after the vehicle stopped for a while.

This is on carbureted vehicles.  Fuel Injection needs a special baffle for the pump/fuel pickup to sit in, typically.

NTX5467