49 Plymouth

Latofel

Purchased a 49 Plymouth recently and I am now going through the process of restoring the car. This website has already helped with finding some information on the car, and I am sure I'll have more questions in the future. 

IMG_0041.JPG.9003897a9999e37f99dd2f0d1e2057b1.JPGIMG_0042.JPG.fc9a0c6262eef9b823e1c9ff2160495d.JPG

Its kinda funny I had no interest in cars until I saw this thing sitting with a for sale sign in the window on the way to work. Guess it just takes the right car.

Edited by Latofel (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Agreed, great old Plymouth.

Nice thing about these, parts are readily available and generally quite affordable. That's one area where we tromp the  Duesenberg crew! ?

54 minutes ago, GregLaR said:

Agreed, great old Plymouth.

Nice thing about these, parts are readily available and generally quite affordable. That's one area where we tromp the  Duesenberg crew! ?

I like the quality of these cars but every MoPar car I have owned drove the same. '48 Ply, '52 truck, '69 Super Bee, '70s Dart, 77 New Yorker. I never did like the clutch action, gear ratios, or how they acted when cold. Of domestic makes, I like Chevy first, then Ford. I find each company tries to keep the driving characteristics of their cars very similar to their predecessors. All the Chevys I drove acted similar as well as the Fords all had similar feel all the way back to my model A. Yes your Plymouth is a great car,

48 ply.jpg

Edited by JFranklin
Photo (see edit history)