Just bought a 1958 IH A175 - Need help

Nate58IH

I apologize in advance if this is not the right place to post this. 

I just purchased a 1958 International A175 dump truck for my property. It runs great and the dump works! I have 5 young kids who love it and we have taken a few drives around the neighborhood already. I am passionate about teaching my kids the basics of working on vehicles. Our deal with them is at 14 we will pitch in $500 and with what ever they have saved we will go buy a vehicle and we will work on it together getting it ready for them to drive when they turn 16. Due to loosing a job a few years back I had to let go of my 1967 Mustang Coupe that I had for almost 20 years. So, it's nice to have a classic back in the driveway! Well that's me in a snapshot... 

I need some help finding basic maintenance info on this truck, how to service the hydraulic system, the air system, oil change, regular maintenance recommendations. I plan to do all of the work myself, just need a little insight into the basics on this age of vehicle. 

Thank you, 

Nate 

Layton, UT

1958 International A175.JPG

Kids in the cab of the 58.JPG

Hello Nate, Welcome to you and your gang to the forums. Love that old IH. There are a few more IH people in the "International forum" further down below this general forum. You may have better luck there finding people with the info you are looking for. This general forum is a great place to start and you will be welcome here. There is also a commercial forum further down but it is not too active but could provide some info. Take time to look around the various sites available and I am sure some of your questions will be answered. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fleek said:

Hello Nate, Welcome to you and your gang to the forums. Love that old IH. There are a few more IH people in the "International forum" further down below this general forum. You may have better luck there finding people with the info you are looking for. This general forum is a great place to start and you will be welcome here. There is also a commercial forum further down but it is not too active but could provide some info. Take time to look around the various sites available and I am sure some of your questions will be answered. 

Thank you.