Driver side door latch.

1989 2.2L SOHC.  Driver side door will not usually unlock completely with key but you can open it from the inside without any problem.  Part # is 4336-377.  There are 3 available on Ebay but they look in very bad condition.  If anyone has one please leave price and shipping info.  I will do Paypal or however you want.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Mac48 said:

1989 2.2L SOHC.  Driver side door will not usually unlock completely with key but you can open it from the inside without any problem.  Part # is 4336-377.  There are 3 available on Ebay but they look in very bad condition.  If anyone has one please leave price and shipping info.  I will do Paypal or however you want.  Thanks.

Part numbers do NOT use the (-)  Just 7 digits. 4336377.

4 hours ago, Mac48 said:

I have found that the cause of the key lock not fully locking or unlocking the door lock is due to lack of proper lubrication. Similarly as the odometer reduction gears fail due to the lubricant becoming stiff like glue, the door lock mechanism suffers from the similar problem. The grease hardens and prevents full range of motion of the various rods within the door shell. 

Removing the door trim panel and accessing the locking mechanisms and spraying the various moving parts with WD-40 initially to free them up, would be the minimum needed.

I have actually removed the entire latch mechanism on some vehicles and soaked it in solvent, then thoroughly cleaning away any and all grime and old grease. Pressure blow the mechanism thoroughly and then I have sprayed the lock with liquid graphite or a light spray lubricant at other times.

I recently had that similar type problem with the right side sliding door on my 1985 Voyager. Here I did not remove the mechanism, merely spray with WD-40 from time to time. It is still open to allow me to repeat the process until I am satisfied that it will work properly when I reinstall the trim panel, which is a real pain on that sliding door.

Thanks Hemi, the car is at the shop for other repairs.  The mechanic has tried to spray it without removing the door trim panel.  It helped but still not good.  I thought it was a good idea to get the part so he will have it if needed when he removes the panel.  It is not very expensive and if I don't need it I will have it if someone else does.

• Like 1