Oil Level Sensor

DAVES89

My Oil Level Sensor is leaking through the electrical connection and I would like to replace it. Is this a part that can be swapped out without dropping the oil pan? If so I will need to order a pan gasket along with the part.

I've had mine out. I don't remember dropping the pan. I remember it just screwing in. I think it would be a good idea to put a mark on the old one before you take it out so you can see how the new one should be turned when you install it.

I went to Gibson's to see for sure and yes the Oil Level Sensor screws into the pan. As Gibson's does not put their cars on stands but lays them on the ground, I asked if they would get a Reatta up in the air for me. I removed the sensor from this car as the pan had already been punctured and the oil was gone. My Sensor leaks through the connection and this one was dry so I bought it, [I always feel I have to buy something when they bring the endloader out to lift the car unto the "donut spares"]. I installed it in my Red and my light is off so that tells me it works and so far the plug is dry.