1927 Studebaker Dictator Light Six Engine Parts Query

Greetings, All,

We usually built Studebaker and Packard V8s and the occasional Champion, but a 1927 Dictator Light Six has come in for a rebuild.  Since this is outside our normal supply chain, we'd appreciate any engine parts supplier recommendations.

jack vines

Obsolete Engineering Division

of Mager Engine

• Like 1

hi jack,  for your gaskets,  olsens gaskets, has the obsolete gaskets,  i have an obsolete gasket fellow on my side of the border in Ontario, that has the manifold and head gaskets, then i make the rest of the paper gaskets,  for the bearings, your favorite local Babbitt bearing pouring fellow (if there is any), hasting piston rings in Michigan is the best i use to buy rings for anything antique,  you can get their site on the web and use their diametrical list, and for valves and springs, i measure and go through my aftermarket valve supplier for head diameter, stem size and length.

on my Erskine, i ended up with exhaust valves and keepers from 3.3l dodge minivan, turn down the head abit to fit exhaust seats,  springs from 203 perkins from massey 50 industrial tractor, and retainers from vw diesel.  the combination took abit to figure out.

terry

• Like 2

I have used cranks and some used pistons and rods , oil pan and maybe timing gears and chains. Also some distributor parts , oil pump .

I am old and slow , it may take awhile to gather these , so have patience.

Robert Kapteyn

studebaker@mac.com

• 4 weeks later...