1936 dodge d2 right rear brake wheel cylinder

1936dodged24d

36 dodge d2 right rear  wheel brake cylinders are not being reproduced and my solution , albeit a  hasty one , was to bore the stepped wheel cylinder to a straight 1 1/4" bore . Now i'm wondering if that was wise .

the car seems to stop ok but have i created a safety issue or a yet unseen mechanical issue ??

My first reaction is to say the wheel cylinder on the opposite side of the axle should be of the same configuration to ensure proper braking, but since you modified the original I'm not sure it's wise to do that to the other cylinder.  The wheel cylinder you need used to be available so some should still be floating around out there from some of the better known Mopar parts suppliers.

New rear cylinders are not available for these cars but originals can still be had. Best to have them resleeved either by Apple Hydraulics or White Post Restorations. I may have an original here if you need one for rebuilding. They are stepped to adjust the pressure applied to each shoe. The fronts are stepped also but are still available new.