Auburn 1932 Branke Band Material

$um Fun

10 hours ago, $um Fun said:

Looking for fitted brake material for 1932 Auburn band brakes. Vintage NOS with or without the rivet holes would work or newer.  But must be fitted. 

Brake & Equip Whse (Rob) 455 Harrison St NE, Mpls MN 55413-2408 (612) 378-3141  #2=shop

These guys did the job for my 31 898

I am looking for the ones that are already pre-cut and are shaped like the original replacements.instead of cutting and wrapping them. I don't want to bond them and then rivet as all the ones that I have had like that end up chattering when they got.  I am looking for ones that are shaped already that I can rivet.

If they are "Midland Steeldraulic" brakes there are some pre cut and pre shaped linings around.  I bought a set on ebay last year so I would have spares for my Pontiac.

Make sure to check HUPMOBILE after 1927, DODGE 1928 (some), NASH 1929 (some), STUDEBAKER DICTATOR 1934, GRAHAM BROS TRUCK 1928-29, DEVSUX.  These were Midland Steeldraulic but I don't know the diameter.

Pontiac, Oakland 28-32 and GMC T11 1929 used Midland Steeldraulic as well but they were all smaller than 12".

I have a PDF file on the proper adjusting of these brakes if you needed it.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)