CHRISTMAS CAME EARLY IN DOO DAH

Terry Wiegand

Indeed, Christmas did come early for a certain early Buick enthusiast out in Doo Dah, America.  The 1916 D-45 does not have a heater in it, so to keep warm during cold weather jaunts a person, or persons, needed a lap robe.  Well, Barbara asked me last Spring if we might be needing a nice lap robe for cold weather motoring in an open bodied car.  She told me that she was going to make one for the car.  The colors and the pattern she found in some old magazine dating from the middle teens and then she went to work on making this robe for us to use in cold weather driving.  Now, the car does have a full set of side curtains, but this just keeps the wind out of the car.  They really do not do that much toward keeping the passengers warm.  Barbara is a buyer of hardware for an aerospace manufacturing supplier in Wichita, Kansas.  She works with computers every day all day long and her stress reliever is working with needles and thread.  So, after about 150 hours of playing with the material,  here is the result of her work.  She tells me that she is going to make one for the 1920 and 1922 Coupes.  Different colors and patterns of course and she was very quick to let me know that she does not hire out on making these.  She tells me that anyone else could not afford her work on one of these.  So, here it is for the early, open Buick enthusiasts to check out and enjoy.  Almost forgot an important detail - the robe is 52 inches X 76 inches.

Terry Wiegand

Doo Dah, America 

PB230106.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1