Mobilgas '51 Lincoln & '51 Road Race Lincoln

Guest Paul Denter UE

Guest Paul Denter UE

I'm researching the Lincoln that won the 1951 Mobilgas Economy Run and seeking out photographs of that car.  Also, I'm researching the Lincoln Cosmopolitan that come in eighth in the 1951 Panamerican Road Race and seeking photographs of that car too.  Any assistance with this quest is greatly appreciated.

My interest in these cars stems from my ownership of the oldest extant '51 Cosmopolitan - a Sport Sedan, car #30 off the line.

Guest Paul Denter UE

I'd very much like to post a picture - I do have them on my computer.  However, this is one process with which I have no knowledge.  I'll ask my granddaughter (my computer consultant) to show me how to post photographs.  Your indulgence is appreciated.

Paul, it is easy enough for those of us "of a certain age".

Try this:

1. Look down and to the left where it says "choose files", and click on those highlighted words. Your own computer's directory will come up.

2. In your directory, select "Pictures"

3. At your upper right, type the name of your picture(s)

4. Click on either the pictograph of, or the actual picture to highlight it

5. at the lower right, click on the word "OPEN"

This should work for you without the expertise of your grandchild - even I can do it.

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

Paul, You may wish to contact Bill Culver in Metairie, Louisiana who publishes the Newsletter for the Road Race Lincoln Club, and (I believe) is either President or Past-President of that group.

Bill is extremely knowledgeable on that subject.

Guest Bill Culver

J. Paul:  surprised you didn't contact me.  Marty Roth alerted me to your post.

The 51 Lincoln driven by Walt Faulkner in the '51 race is shown on 72 of The Carrera Panamericana Mexico, published by Brooklands and usually available on ebay.  A 51 Lincoln driven by Ray Crawford finished 8th.  Apparently the Faulkner car didn't finish.  Bill Culver

Guest Paul Denter UE

Thankyou for suggesting this article.  I'd previously read it and found it most interesting.  I'm still looking for one or two good photographs of the Lincoln.