ABS Brake Book

Digger914

Found the 1985 to 1990 Domestic Car Front End and Brake Service manual while cleaning out my garage, has everything Reatta 88-90 ABS brake you could ever want to know. It's a big thick book and over 100 pages just for the 1990 and it will need to be scanned one page at a time. Before I spend hours doing that, can someone tell me how to post something that big into the forum

2 hours ago, Digger914 said:

can someone tell me how to post something that big into the forum

Legally? No.

I highly doubt the Mods would allow such a "copyright infringement". The Owner/Publisher could easily suit this .org website out of existence. Remember- how Reatta.net had to shut down the .pdf FSM?

OTOH- you could easily scan it all, and burn to DVD, and privately sell each copy. Does it contain "extra" info our FSM doesn't?

I would say- $20-$25 + S&H would be fair.  10-pack of DVD-R at WalMart is about $8 + tax.

After the initial 1 time scanning labor- you'd make out really well. Make a few to start, then make to order, so no waste.

Don't know if it has extra info, but the troubleshooting procedures are written for brake shop service and not geared towards factory test equipment dealer service.  I only glanced through the 1990 section and probably wouldn't have noticed it if it hadn't had (not for 88 and 89) in the title. Knew that the pressure switch was different between the two didn't, know that it is used to visually determine which ABS controller was installed.

After carefully perusing the entire GM Tevis section, I found that the GM tool number breakout box is the just a breakout box of a different color, the same pressure bleed adaptor used on Jag and Ford rear wheel drive with Tevis can be used on GM, bleed pressure is different for FWD and the only real difference in 90 brake operation verses 89 is the addition of a 60 sec run flasher relay to protect the pump from overheating, and the all the wiring to place that relay in the circuit.

Edited by Digger914
Additional Information (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Just be aware that every code listing I've seen for the Teves has been rong and often a bad wheel sensor (always check these first) will trigger other codes or sides are swapped. Treat them more as places to start  than gospel.