Fuel Injectors

great...looks like they send me Lucas injectors ( part D3154BA) found them on ebay for 25 bucks less than I paid for at rockauto.

never even heard of lucas injectors before..they look like standard motor product injectors...

Can someone tell me if these are total crap or better than the niehoff injectors?! I have no idea...

Edited by shelbyone
addition (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, shelbyone said:

got my remanufactured Nikki Flow injectors today ( ebay) and installed them...car starts and goes to over 2000rpm..even after almost 2 minutes, rpm does not go down

any idea why? ( check video!) IMG_8272.mp4IMG_8272.mp4

IMG_8257.thumb.JPG.cf0ea46e741f108a12a222a0e3c7ecd3.JPG

By the looks of your temperature gauge, the engine is still running cold. Does the RPM remain at or above 2000 RPM when the engine is at normal operating temperature?

You do have a good 195 degree thermostat in it, do you not? Did your 'check engine' light come on after you installed these injectors? Idle speed is controlled by the AIS motor and the coolant temperature mainly.

The engine sounded as though it was neither running too rich or too lean, so I would think that the injectors are OK. Another thought comes to mind as I write this, is there a possibility of a vacuum leak?

I recently replaced the injectors on my 3.0L Voyager and there are several vacuum lines that have to be disconnected and reconnected as well as having to replace the 2 intake plenum gaskets. Have you checked for a vacuum leak?

Hemi!  thanks for the fast reply as usual!!..I did not let it run for longer than 1.5 minutes so no, op. temp was not reached.engine light did not come on..yes, got the 195 degree thermo. I think your assumption towards vac leak is correct - will have to check later today! thanks... ( will report back) 

Yeah, I think you have a vacuum leak, too. Check all of the o-rings and make sure none got pinched. When you go to install injectors, I always wipe a little tranny fluid or something like that on them to help them slide in easier.

justed closed her up again..air intake plenum gasket was not correctly in place so there was a huge gap...vac leak fixed...but got codes:

12, 14, 42 twice! I have no idea why it keeps ciming up with that MAP sensor code...replaced it with a new one, all connections are perfect..

42..auto shutdown relay driver circuit....never had that before either....btw...no check engine light ....

runs a little rough now but still have to take a little test drive..

engine 2.MOV